A Fresh New Look


A while back we bought these chairs second hand. As much as they were a much needed addition to our dining room, white was never going to work in a house with three kids. So I started hunting for some fabric and found this fun design at a local sewing fair.

I've had a go once before at adding new fabric to a chair and it's a pretty straightforward process (even with a baby pulling at your fabric from below!) A quick unscrewing of the seat, cutting out a fabric square, stapling it on, trimming the fabric, and screwing the seats back on was all it took. The corners are always a little bit fiddly and I guess this gets easier the more you do it.


I'm really pleased with the results! I've got a couple of other chairs that also need new fabric. Slightly different projects as one needs new cushion covers and the the other needs fabric on cushions and the actual chair base. Any excuse for a bit of fabric shopping!
 

No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top